Effective from July 20, 2022
Furry Pawz and Clawz ("us", "we", "I" or "our") is committed to providing quality products and services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect, include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone number, cookies and usage data.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including correspondence, by telephone and, by email, via our website www.furrypawzandclawz.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients, marketing and improving our Service. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Furry Pawz and Clawz will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
PO Box 74, Narre Warren, VIC, 3805, Australia
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA)
At Furry Pawz and Clawz I respect your privacy and I'm commited to safeguarding the privacy of my customers on www.furrypawzandclawz.com.au
We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act of 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA)
To fulfil your order, you provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering, also cookies and usage data. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information, if you contact me directly.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support; when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services
Retention of Data
Furry Pawz and Clawz may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about my products, sales or discounts through email marketing.
I only use your personal information for the purposes you consent to, that includes providing you with information in the course of my business activities, to administer our business activities, manage, research and develop our products and services, communicate with you and to investigate any complaints.
If you withhold your personal information, if may not be possible to provide you with our products and services.
Third parties I share your information with include:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies, such as Australia Post. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and Australia and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) for the European UNION (EU) and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) I will comply with the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR for the purposes of fairness, transparency and lawful data collection and use.
I will only collect your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose and any data collected will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose. I will keep your data safe and secure.
My service does not address anyone under the age of 16 ("Children")
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If your a parent or guardian and are aware of your Child providing us with Personal Data, please contact me. We will remove the information from our servers upon becoming aware.
Your rights under the GDPR & CCPA ~ If you are an individual residing in the EU, you have certain rights as to how your personal information is obtained and used. I comply with your rights under the GDPR & CCPA regarding how your personal information is used and controlled. You have the following rights ~
- to be informed how your personal information is being used
- access to your personal information (I will provide a free copy)
- to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to delete your personal information
- to restrict processing of your information
- opt out of receiving correspondence at any time
- to retain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes
- to object to your personal information being used
- to object against automated decision making & profiling
Please contact me to exercise your rights under the GDPR if you need to. I may ask you to verify your identity before acting on any of your requests.
My contractors and suppliers are located in Australia, Spain & USA, and any personal information will be safeguarded using the GDPR & CCPA Privacy Policies.
Security of Data
I am committed to ensure that the information you provide to me is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure I have put in procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk. I cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to me or receive from me, although I take all measures possible to safeguard your information against unauthorised disclosures of information. While I strive to use commerically acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You may request details of personal information that I hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR. If you would like a copy please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
If you have any complaints about how I handle my privacy practices, please contact me. I take these very seriously and will respond shortly.
Links to Other Sites
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com
Alternately, you may mail me at: PO Box 74, Narre Warren, VIC 3805, Australia